Saturday, February 12, 2011

Life is Fair


Dear All,

I can honestly say its been too long since I have taken the time to write. Life has a way of sending me in directions I never thought I would go. Every day I find myself in a realm of confusion with where I am in my life right now.

I am currently in Alabama living very close to my family, I never realized how much I missed them. I have not lived near them in almost 6 years. Basically, since I left for college in 2004. It has been interesting knowing my parents when I am now an adult. I can respect them more now than when I was a teenager because I have a better understandidng of life and how the events we go through shape who we are.

I have been working at an employee assistance program for the last five months. I was an office manager/executive assistant. Lesson learned from that job; every small detail counts, always cover your tail so you can answer any question asked, something’s are too good to be true, you can have integrity in any situation no matter what anyone says about you, because God will take care of the rest, do your best at everything you do because even when you fail you can sleep at night, don't be afraid to take up for yourself, you will respect yourself in the end. People do not determine your worth-you do, never burn bridges no matter how bad you want to pour gas on the bridge, line it with dynamite and any other explosive you can think of, always give your employer 10 minutes before work and after not on the clock, it shows you care about your job.

I said a lot of one liners I have learned recently, but I could fill a book with what I learned about trusting people. I trust people from the beginning when I meet them, even though they have given me no reason to believe them. I get hurt a lot, because I expect people to treat me how I would treat them, so when they don't treat me how I would treat them when a situation is bad, I get deeply hurt because I trusted that person to treat me with respect. The real world outside of my brain can be an unjust place. As I talked with my Wife last night at our favorite place to hangout and she said you have to find the people like Frank and Sheri Hawley who treat people with respect no matter the situation and keep them in your life people those types of people are rare, they are the exception to the rule of life.

I will wrap up this blog by saying no matter what life throw at me God is consistent, never changing, always present and forever loving. In every walk of life I find myself, he is here for me. He hears me, sees me and watches over me. Nothing happens in my life without him knowing.

No comments: